For Sale: 1957 Porsche 356A coupe
1957 Porsche 356A Coupe 1600cc Normal with 14,500 miles since its restoration in 1998-2000 in Michigan.
This pre-T2 is a matching numbers car with red exterior and tan interior (additional work completed in 2007 in Southern California). Officially, the T2 was introduced in September 1957 but Porsche began using the T2 body in March 1957. This car is one of the first – being completed on 04/04/1957 (VIN 100016). It has the more powerful 1600cc Porsche engine and upgraded 644 transmission. Several upgrades from the 1958 model include Zenith 32 NDX carburetors, ZF steering box and Borsch BR18 distributor.
Drivability has been the focus of the car’s many enhancements:
- 12 volt electrical system conversion (originally 6 volt)
- Dual master brake cylinders
- Inline electric fuel pump
- Bursch exhaust system with quiet muffler
- Chrome wheels 5-1/2” x 15” (originally 4-1/2”) with baby moon hubcaps
- Pirelli P6000 185/7-15 N2-rated tires
- Koni shock absorbers and steering damper
The intake and exhaust valves were replaced in 2017 and the flywheel and clutch plate in 2018. There are some minor blemishes and a few oil leaks. The gaps are good and there is no indication of rust.
Overall, the car runs very well and looks great! It’s a joy to drive… Asking $104,500.